Brunette or blonde. Low or high. Fat or skinny. Ugly or beautiful. It doesn’t matter! It’s the lack of personal image care that can mirror a different look than the one you’d like to see!
Neglecting some precautions with your personal image – due to lack of time, lack of money, but mainly due to lack of information – can lower your self-esteem to dangerous levels. Not so much for falling short of other people’s standards of beauty, but more for falling below the image you wanted to have.
So if you already look at yourself with respect, why not start looking carefully too? Well-groomed hair, glowing skin, a nourished face, healthy nails, among other body care and appearance in general, are fundamental to being (more) happy. And do you know why? Because a careful look is half the battle to feel good and, as a result, improve your well-being, your relationships and even your performance at work.
If you don’t believe me, read on to find out the main reasons to start paying more attention to personal image care now!
Top reasons to take care of your appearance
- If you take care of your appearance, you increase your self-esteem and feel more confident in yourself and more willing to try new challenges.
- If you take some time to take care of yourself, you improve your self-awareness and realize who you really are and where you want to go. And don't think that this time for personal care will affect the family sphere! On the contrary, it can contribute to a good balance between your different responsibilities.
- If you take care of your hair and skin, you avoid some of the effects of the passage of time and you will feel younger.
- If you look good, it also improves your work life, regardless of the type of job. And that's because the way you present yourself has an impact on how others see you, which can open several doors.
- If the image reflected in the mirror is the one you'd like to see, your mood instantly improves and you start to analyze everything more optimistically.
- If you take care of your appearance, you can easily start and maintain your relationships, because you feel more beautiful and confident, more aware of your needs and more able to pay attention to the needs of others.
Personal image care tips to improve appearance
1. Have a healthy dietWe are what we eat, so it’s essential to invest in a balanced diet to feel healthier and more beautiful.
2. Practice physical exerciseStart exercising regularly to stimulate blood circulation, burn fat and stay in shape. If you don’t have time to go to the gym, take advantage of the outdoor spaces to work out (and there are so many in the Algarve!), even if it’s just a walk.
3. Renew your wardrobeDresses, pants, skirts, blouses, shoes, belts, earrings… Clothes and accessories also contribute to a good presentation. And in that sense, it’s important to visit some of the most renowned fashion stores in the Algarve and renew your clothes… or at least invest in a pair of clothes that reflect fashion trends and express your personal taste, without putting it down!
4. Take care of facial skinClean, exfoliate, tone and hydrate the skin on your face and body regularly to ensure your beauty and health. Apply quality products at home or seek help at a beauty center or hairdresser in the Algarve.
5. Treat your hands and nailsAs hands also age and lose their shine and elasticity, it is important not to forget to moisturize them daily, apply sunscreen and wear gloves when doing work that damages the skin. And with regard to fingernails and toenails, regardless of your preferred type of manicure, it’s a good idea to keep them clean and moisturized to always look beautiful.
6. Bet on makeupMake-up is also part of your personal image care. This doesn’t mean you have to apply foundation, mascara, eye shadow and lipstick every day, but when you do (and please, apply makeup every now and then and create different looks!) remember to look for techniques and products who value their strengths.
7. Go to the hairdresserNew clothes, glowing skin, varnished nails, well made up… and hair to fix? No way! Hair care is fundamental to improving your image, after all, hair frames the face and is one of the attributes that people notice first. So, accept one last tip: look for the best hairdresser in the Algarve now to wash, moisturize, treat, cut, arrange and color your hair.
- Invest in deep hydration treatments and hair fiber reconstruction to restore strength and shine to your hair.
- Look for a hairdresser in the Algarve, capable of studying your physical and psychological characteristics to create the most suitable haircut.
- Enhance your natural color, add highlights or try a new hair color.